Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Doctor's talk

A relative of mine is a young doctor. He's specialized - at least somewhat - in those fields which deal with the respiratory tract. His mother - who's BTW a doctor, too - visited us yesterday evening, saw my mom lying in intensive care, talked to the doctors and wrote down some phone numbers, which she passed on to her son. So he called my mother's treating physician to understand her medical situation.
He called me in the evening, and told me he is happy with the hospitals competence and abilities. He also told me that my mother might go through a lot of ups and downs, and that nobody can really predict what happens next.
At least we know we can leave her in this hospital, sparing her the burden - and the risk - to move her.

Tomorrow we will arrange for a discussion with the assistant medical director in charge, asking for more details and especially for better communication.

Does it help her? Probably not, but it will give us the feeling of doing something, so it helps us.
And that will hopefully help her - when she's awake again and we will be there to be with her.

No comments: